Tuesday 12 July 2016

Scraptastic Tuesday - July Link Up


Scraptastic Tuesday


I would love to be able to say I have been working on something scrappy but to be honest I haven't!  

The end of school term always seems to be a frantic rush and I have been doing my headless chicken act lurching from one thing I need to do to the next - not much sewing involved sadly.  I need a list of tasks and to calmly tick them off one by one!  But that is not happning..... yet.

I have been remembering that in 2015 I made a Scraptastic Tuesday Sampler from some of my Liberty fabrics - I do so love this quilt! I mixed Liberty fabric with solids and prints.  It feels lovely and is a light and cosy quilt.  I did a mix of machine ditch quilting around the blocks and some bigstitch hand quilting with cotton perle.  I should get it out and use it as it is perfect for a cool summer!

 

The cutting instructions/tutorials for the blocks in this quilt are on the Scraptastic Tuesday Sampler page above. (I have prettied this page up a bit though I still have three blocks to write about - almost there!)



So what I have been doing is thinking I need to start another Scraptastic Sampler....for 2016!

I have been playing with EQ and have come up with this desgn.



Lots of HSTs, QSTs and dark scrummy colours lightened with a bit of off white.  This time there are five different blocks, which will all be the same size, (12" finished) alternating with a plain square, and on point. Putting squares on point does mess up the eventual size of the quilt but I will add borders to make it up to 80" square.


If you fancy joining in I will do some proper tutorials this time.  I already have a new page drafted, but not published, to list my tutorials.  I will be thinking about a schedule next and will need to buy my grey background fabric!  EQ is telling me I need 4 5/8 yards.      

I am getting a bit excited about this one!


But now as it's the second Tuesday of July, the Scraptastic Tuesday monthly link is open below. It is time for you to share your scrappy projects, plans and ideas. First, our fantastic sponsors:




A huge thank you to our generous sponsors for providing the following prizes which will be awarded randomly among those of you who link up.

Please join Leanne from She Can Quilt and I by linking up a blog post or flickr or instagram photo sharing a scrappy project, in progress or finished, or your thoughts on dealing with your scrap mountain:
  • You don't have to have joined us before, everyone is welcome.
  • One link per person, and it will be your entry into the random draw for the prizes. It is the same link up here and at Leanne's blog - She Can Quilt - so you only need to link up on one of our blogs.
  • This link is to share with our community about using your scraps, please don't use it to advertise your own products or events.
  • You can link up from your blog, instagram or flickr, but you have to link up to be entered in the prize draw.
  • Please visit at least a few of the links, they are very inspiring, and leave comments too as everyone loves to connect. 
  • Use the Scraptastic Tuesday button and invite your friends to join us too. Please share our button, or a link or the hashtag #scraptastictuesday in your linked post or photo. 
The link is open until next Monday night at 10:00 pm MST. We will announce the winners next Tuesday. 
If you have trouble linking up, let me or Leanne know and we will get you sorted. 




5 comments:

  1. It's a very nice Scraptastic Sampler for 2016. Wish I could finish my projects as fast as you so I could make this sampler too. At the moment, my hands are full with 365 Challenge. ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll join you, at least part of the way and hopefully I could finish too. I love all those stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design.I love stars pattern and hope to join.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Liberty scrap quilt! I wish I had some Liberty fabric, nvm scraps!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...