Friday 29 July 2016

Big wool, big scarf


I cannot remember how long ago I bought this gorgeous wool but I'm pretty sure I bought it in John Lewis on a trip to London.

It is Highland Alpaca - which is 50% alpaca and 50% new wool.  It is classified as super bulky and knits up really quick. When I took this project up again I had done a few rows of rib - that's all!   



I can't remember what it was going to be but I had an inkling it was meant to be a scarf to go with my Green Boden coat. I love this coat - the colour, the cord, the cut so I'm sure that was what I had intended to knit...

Anyway I thought this stuff is so bulky it wouldn't show up much of a pattern so I ended up doing moss stitch.  Which my good friend Helen thinks is a really boring stitch to do.  Normally I would agree but this stuff knits up so quickly I didn't get a chance to get bored!  And I love that chunky texture.



And here it is finished!  








 This is my thirteenth finish from my FAL list!   I'll be linking it up at the end of this quarter.  


Here is my original list.



Finish A Long 2016

3 comments:

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...