Saturday 23 April 2016

Finishing small things 1

On my finish along list for quarter two I have a mosaic of small projects.  



This is the first one I tackled...no 10!


It is a screen print I bought from the lovely Emily @lovestrawberrypatch.  From the start I had intended to make it into a sewing machine cover. 

I paired it up with a couple of schoolhouse blocks I didn't use in my school house quilt - later dubbed Konaville because I was using it as a colour chart of Kona colours as those tiny squares you get on the commercial ones really aren't big enough are they?   Of course it is out of date already...but I really love this quilt.





And this is how my sewing machine cover finished up.   



Screen print side!



School house side - those upside down doors still make me smile!   A symptom of my crazy upside down life perhaps ?  

The cover is sized for use on my table, with the machine recessed, so will be a bit on the short side if it were sitting on top of the table.   But this is how it sits normally though I have to admit the cover doesn't stay on for long!  

I will be linking this project to the Finish-A-Long 2016 at the end of quarter 2


Finish A Long 2016

This sewing machine cover is on my Quarter 2 list here

10 comments:

  1. This is lovely! It is always good to cover the machines when they are resting, I should make one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to use Emily's screen printing!

    P.S. All caught up now, phew! Don't reply to all my comments, just keep sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That school house quilt is fantastic. Congratulations with the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish - I like both sides!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super nice! I do like covering up an unused machine! ;-) Sharing on our FAL fb page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the nicest sewing machine covers I've seen. Such a cover use of that wonderful screen print. Personally I think your upside down doors give the house a more contemporary feel! But what a lovely use of a couple of spare blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this print when Emily created it - love it more now that it's in use. Super!
    On behalf of the global 2016 FAL hosts, thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's awesome! I've been meaning to make a cover for my machine but it keeps getting pushed down the list. That screen print is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...