Tuesday 23 February 2016

Scrappy Tile Blocks for Siblings Together


Scraptastic Tuesday


I have been working on another Quilt-As-You-Go quilt for Siblings Together!  

In true Blue Peter fashion here is one I made earlier with blocks from my fabulous Siblings Together Bee mates.





More blocks have since arrived ....

From Bridgid




From Jennifer, Jane and Hannah



which enabled me to make another quilt ....



The block I made has the Dala horse on it of course!

These are easy blocks to make and now that I have completed two quilts this way I find that the quilts are very easy to put together, only requiring a bit of sashing and binding : much easier than layering, basting, quilting and then binding a quilt.

Fancy joining in making one for Siblings Together?  My block tutorial is here.

They are the perfect charity block drive quilt really!  Hint hint!  


For more news about the 100 Quilts for Siblings Together campaign go here!

I will be linking this quilt to the Finish-A-Long 2016 at the quarter end



Finish A Long 2016



This quilt is on my FAL2016 list here


5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous quilts and such a bonus not having to layer, baste and quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright blue sashing in the second quilt - great choice! I hope many more of these quilts appear in the run up to the ST camps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a bit scared of the joining together bit of QAYG blocks. But I have lots of wadding scraps left over from bigger quilts so maybe I should do some blocks?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been a bit scared of the joining together bit of QAYG blocks. But I have lots of wadding scraps left over from bigger quilts so maybe I should do some blocks?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts **wink**

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...