Friday 29 April 2011

Kaleidoscope Hexagon quilt is moving on!

I have added my tumbler borders onto this quilt.


It has taken quite a time as I suddenly decided it would be best if I could use the kite shapes to go round the corners in some way.  Needless to say it took me more than a few moments to work out how to do this.  And even then the good ol' seam ripper was needed quite a few times before it gave in and decided to lie down!!!!  Quite a struggle that one - I think I should leave some of my 'brilliant ideas' alone. 





So here is the quilt with the tumbler border - all pieced and ready for layering and beastly basting. 

Is this a tada moment - oh yes I think so! 











 I am particularly pleased with this top as it is all hand pieced apart from stitching the tumbler border on - even the tumbler border itself is stitched by hand. 

Secondly when I started making this I didn't really like it so I even started other blocks, which I will make into another quilt perhaps, but I persevered out of shere doggedness and now I love it!!  I can be quite thrawn (Scottish word meaning stubborn) when I want to be!




Nicky

5 comments:

  1. Woo-Hoo! What a fantastic and unusual quilt!!! it is very graphic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicky! I love it and I love the border! I need to be brilliant like you....I am so stuck with my borders :( Yay for you and hand piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, i'm in awe...that's a fabulous pattern...and the black background really set the prints off...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I can't believe anyone would have the patience to sew all these by hand...not something you're ever likely to see on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Nicky! That is seriously amazing! Did you use pattern or is it "out of your head"? It's so nice to "meet" you :-) And your kitties are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...