Wednesday 23 March 2011

Looking gorgeous in the garden at the moment!

This is what is happening in my garden this week. 

A bit of yellow, a splash of purple and if only you could smell my daphne - devine!  

Forsythia

Hellebore

Daphne

 

My camellia is one bush of several, which are gradually merging together in a hedge round the base of my Holm or Evergreen Oak tree.  Cannot wait till it comes out in flower. 




What's happening in a garden near you?  I'd love to hear about it!

This morning my youngest had a bit of a surprise!  A crow fell down the chimney!  We closed all the curtains and flung the patio doors wide open then opened up the doors over the fireplace.  Out he flew, bumped his head on the ceiling but seemed none the worse and flew off to freedom.  A close encounter with nature...and now she said she will know what to do next time it happens...hop(e)fully it will not be this crow again.

Have a great week!

Nicky

2 comments:

  1. I love the smell of daphne - we once had a huge bush which our dog ate (long story). Our existing bush is large and i pick heaps and put it all through the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we don't have a chimney! We do have birds fly into windows though, knocks them a little silly for a bit then they take off. I am looking forward to our Camelias flowering in a few months. Love them!
    Your tudor costume is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, I'd really like to hear from you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...